Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Save the World One Pair of Shoes at at Time


Recently my cyber-soul-friend Kim Johnson Morales put out the word that she was collecting shoes for the needy. She asked that everyone clear their closets of all the shoes they haven't worn in ages. I loaded a dozen or so pair of shoes into a box and paid $20 to ship them to Kim. She's in Phoenix. I'm still stuck in KC. It seemed like the right thing to do.

Today I came across something even better. A company called TOMS will give a brand new pair of shoes to someone in need every time I buy a pair for myself. This is a company using the economic model to save the world, one pair of shoes at a time. And I love the casual, comfy look of their shoes.  They have vegan boots, too!   Below is a video telling the TOMS story. Below that is a link to their website store. The shoes are cute, the cause is good. Take a look.



Our Movement - Official Store - TOMS Shoes - A Pair of New Shoes is Given to a Child in Need With Every Pair Purchased - One for One - TOMSshoes.com

No comments:

Post a Comment