Sunday, December 6, 2009

Op-Ed - Cancer From the Kitchen? - NYTimes.com

I've been traveling since my daughter's car accident, and haven't been as diligent here as I'd like.  But today I ran across this Op-Ed piece by Nicholas Kristof, in the New York Times.  He asks,


"What if breast cancer in the United States has less to do with insurance or mammograms and more to do with contaminants in our water or air -- or in certain plastic containers in our kitchens? What if the surge in asthma and childhood leukemia reflect, in part, the poisons we impose upon ourselves?"

Link: Op-Ed Columnist - Cancer From the Kitchen? - NYTimes.com

I know I'm pretty much preaching to the choir on this blog.  But it's so difficult to make the hard choices - avoidance, behavior change - in the face of the instant gratification offered by convenience and the pleasures associated with eating certain foods - two I find nearly impossible to turn down are french fries and onion rings.  This article reminds us just how much lifestyle impacts our health and quality of life. Please, please take a few moments to read it.  And in the spirit of holiday giving, pass it on...

No comments:

Post a Comment